Thursday, March 18, 2010

Kurashiki

Since Naked Man Festival happened in Okayama City, we were close enough to visit the cool town MiriJET was always talking about going to visit: Kurashiki.

This city also appears in my travel book, so I read a little about it before going. Because no one could explain to me the draw of Kurashiki.

Turns out, it’s all in the charm. Which you can’t explain so well, you just have to see it.

We didn’t spend as much time in the city strolling area as we did in the temple area on the hill up above it.

Is this called a Shisa? I forget. Anyway, this one is cool.



DaneJET explained that if you toss a rock up on top of the tori, you get your wish. So, we tried until we got it. The gods admire persistence, too.


You may not know this, but I love important rocks. I also love the way Japan treats them.


He explains that, as in the other case, if you can float a coin on the water, you get something nice.. good luck, or your wish granted, etc.


He did it!


Then I did too. (photo by Erik)


A peaceful spot for the dead.



Making udon. (photo by Erik)


In addition to hanging out in this sweet town, we are also models in peaceful bamboo forests. This is the coolest fence ever. (photo by Erik)


I could never be a photographer. My one edict is "look pensive."



No comments:

Post a Comment