Friday, September 30, 2011

The Ponderous Overload of the Uj

Well, it's almost October, and you know what they say about October.

They don't say much. Or at least, I don't, because I'm too busy.. being busy. I have entries I want to write, and photos I want to post, and letters, and things to say and explore and share, but frankly my dears, it's speech contest season, so we've gone directly from party-all-the-time summer vacation, to party-all-the-time sports day, to three-day-work-weeks-are-awesome lineups... aaaand now we're in the city of work a regular week and stay two hours late every evening, thanks.

And it only happens once a year, but I don't much like it. I do it because I want to.. because I love my speech kids and I want them to do well, and I want to spend time with them, honestly, because they are impressive kids. But this whole get home at 6:20 and then turn around and go to your evening activity crap is... crap. On the evenings when I don't have anything going on (and believe me, they crop up, if only because I make them sometimes), I don't really have the energy to get anything accomplished.

I end up doing things like going for walks, reading, playing video games, enjoying the autumnal coolness of the air. Which is all well and good, although you will think I've fallen off the face of the planet.

SO, I have some GREAT photos, and really fun stories, and I've had some wonderful experiences, and I do want to share them all, but I also want to do them justice. So they will have to wait.

I haven't fallen off the Earth.. it's just October, y'all.. October.

No comments:

Post a Comment