Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Let’s Play Again

Back when I wasn’t actually teaching, just sitting at my desk reading about the various things my job might become, I remember seeing something about elementary school to the effect of “End every class with a game, so the kids will have a good parting memory of English and they will be excited for next time.”

I think elementary school is doing that to me. Not all of my classes today were stellar, but the last one of the day (4th graders.. I’m at The Small Elementary) was wonderful. The kids (all eleven of them) were into it, the teachers (there are two because one of the kids in the class is special needs) think I’m awesome, and everyone earned a sticker (karuta champions receiving two). This, for my inner seven-year-old, is enough to turn a whole day of "oh man I kind of suck, and even if I don’t, I don’t want to be in elementary today…” into “Yay! Let’s play again!”

1 comment: