Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Reflections on Field Day: Request for Photos

Hello dear readers.

I am trying to figure out what to do with my bulletin boards this month, since I reckon each thing I put up there has a shelf life of about one month. I was thinking of doing a board about Field Day in the US and how it’s different from Sports Day in Japan. But I would want photos from field day stuff in America, and I really have no idea how to get that.

I could probably get some random things from the interwebs, though. So, this is a request to any reader who happens to have memories of field day back in school. Give me some events and stuff we did so I can put something together. Please leave any memories in comments, and if you happen to have photos (wow!) please send them to my email.

3 comments:

  1. Well, I remember things like foot races, passing along an egg with spoons for a rely race, tug of war, passing a bucket of water over our heads backwards... Those types of things. Sadly, I have no pictures for you already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember field day. Our activities were ones like sack race, three-legged race, and my personal fave - the balloon sit'n'pop. The most popular sport on field day was getting all hyped up on candy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, all my photos are in GA :(. I know I have some cute ones from dating Ryan in the beginning of time.

    Worth noting that field day, was always like Olympic day. We were assigned countries and had to learn about the culture of that country before we competed. I think we were Greece in the 8th Grade. We mostly did track and field things + the obstacle course and tug of war. I think there were team events too.. i just never cared. Me? a team player? I don't think so :P

    And it was wickedly hot. I remember rolling up our sleeves and tieing them with ribbon and always thinking there should be a water balloon fight.

    Oh and holding hands with Kyle for the first time in the 7th grade, b/c we were a "couple" haha

    ReplyDelete